Recently, a fitness influencer named Lissette posted a video on social media complaining about the lack of gym etiquette at a new gym she had started attending. The video showed her setting up her camera to film a 15-minute “leg stretch session,” only to have people walk in front of her camera and disturb her filming. She expressed her displeasure at people choosing to walk near her, despite there being ample space available.
However, her complaints about gym etiquette were not well-received by the internet. Many people responded by criticizing her for filming other people without their permission and for being rude and entitled. In fact, some Redditors pointed out that Lissette herself may not have been well-versed in proper gym etiquette, given that she was filming other people without their permission.
The incident highlights the importance of gym etiquette, which involves respecting other people’s personal space, privacy, and safety while at the gym. Here are some key tips to follow to ensure proper gym etiquette:
- Respect others’ personal space: It’s important to give other gym-goers enough space to move around freely and perform their exercises safely. Avoid crowding or hovering around someone while they are working out, and don’t hog equipment or machines for longer than necessary.
- Use equipment properly: Make sure to use gym equipment properly and follow any instructions or guidelines posted on the equipment. This will help prevent accidents and injuries and ensure that everyone has access to the equipment they need.
- Clean up after yourself: Always clean up after yourself when you’re done using equipment or machines. This means wiping down equipment with a towel, returning weights to their proper place, and disposing of any trash or water bottles in designated areas.
- Be courteous to others: Always be polite and courteous to other gym-goers, even if they are not behaving properly. Avoid loud conversations, yelling, or making excessive noise that may disturb others. If you need to take a call or send a message, step outside the gym to do so.
- Ask permission before filming: If you want to film yourself or others at the gym, always ask for permission first. Many people may not want to be filmed, and it’s important to respect their privacy and personal space.
Overall, proper gym etiquette is essential for a safe and enjoyable gym experience for everyone. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you’re respecting others and creating a positive environment at the gym.